In an industry-first collaborative effort with Michelin, Orvis introduces the PRO Wading Boot. Built on an outsole compound specifically designed for fly fishing, this revolutionary new sole design is an industry disrupting advance in wet rubber traction. The Michelin Outdoor Extreme outsole offers 25% better abrasion resistance and a resounding 43% improvement in wet rubber traction. Using Michelin tire geometry, it offers a wider footprint for stability, a higher ratio of surface contact, and a lug pattern that reduces shock and improves pressure distribution. The two-layer midsole has a co-molded ESS plate that provides improved stud retention and torsional stability. The shock absorbing Phylon midsole improves “river feel” and compresses less than standard EVA midsoles. Orvis partnered with Ortholite to create a 3D molded X25 insole designed for high-impact sports, delivering maximum comfort and arch support. An industry first cast PU upper eliminates seams while providing a zoned cage for added stability, grip, and extreme abrasion resistance without the added bulk. The boot is higher cut for ankle support and lined with closed-cell foam. Scratch rubber at the toe cap and heel for abrasion resistance, an oversized heel pull for easier on-and-off, and tightly woven laces reduce broken laces. Imported.
Weighs 50 oz. in size 10. Men's whole sizes 7-14 (Women's equivalent sizes 8-15. Order down one size. Ex: Women's size 8 order size 7.)
- Industry-first Michelin Outdoor Extreme outsole for best-in-class wet traction
- 12 strategically placed locations for optional studs
- High-density Phylon midsole offers optimal comfort-to-weight ratio with minimal breakdown over time
- 3D molded Ortholite X25 insole for ultimate support and comfort
- Industry-first PU-casting construction eliminates seams in high wear areas and drastically improves durability
- Quick-drying Clarino microfiber upper for maximum strength-to-weight ratio
- Scratch rubber toe cap and heel for superior protection
- Large heel pull for easy on-and-off
- High-density laces for extended durability
PosiGrip Screw-in Studs: Aggressive tungsten-carbide tipped screw-in studs that can be added to any wading boot with at least ½" of mid-sole depth. Sharp tip allows for quick and easy installation into felt or rubber out-soles. A must where maximum traction is needed. ¼" hex head screws. Adapter for power drill included. 20 studs per pack. Made in USA.